Re: [Proposal] Remove the QA:Testcase_desktop_app_basic - archive manager from matrix

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 6:09 PM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 2:55 PM Lukas Ruzicka <lruzicka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I am proposing to remove the $subj from the Desktop matrix (Workstation related) cause the archive manager no longer is an installed application and its functionality has been taken by Nautilus, so it will be tested as part of Nautilus testing.

1. Are we sure that dropping file-roller is intentional and not a bug in comps? It might be worth checking with the Workstation SIG.
2. By "removing" the test case, do you mean the following, or something else?

If both answers are "yes", +1 from me :-)

It might just be a bit tricky to not forget that with Nautilus we should also test compressing and decompressing archives. Or somehow incorporate it into our instructions in a clean way.

 I can modify the test case and I was also thinking to extend the compression and decompression (ZIP) to test it with a pass-phrase as that has now become a default feature.