Re: criterion update proposal: Keyboard layout configuration in the Initial setup

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 9:23 AM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is related to bug 2003253 [1]. As reported in comment 1, our current "Keyboard layout configuration" criterion [2] specifies where the configured keyboard layout must be honored. It doesn't specify the initial setup utility, which seems like a clear omission, because in that utility you create your system user, connect to wifi, etc, so a correct keyboard layout is definitely important, and is in line with all the other places specified.

The current criterion could certainly be interpreted to implicitly
require the initial setup utility to honor the layout. (It would be
very odd to require it to be honored when decrypting a disk and at the
console, but not in-between.) I'm in favor of your proposal.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His