F35 rawhide installation of Fedora, setting the KEYTABLE= on the kernel command line fails

I use a custom keytable uneaf.  I put it in
/usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/xkb/uneaf.map.gz/. I can then load it using
loadkeys uneaf
But when I ask the kernel to load it via a setting of
KEYTABLE=uneaf on the kernel command line, so it comes up by default, it
does not work. Has this changed in some way from earlier versions of
Fedora where this did work?