Re: Install of rawhide from netinstall without net connection

On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 10:19:28 -0700
stan via test <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 06:40:38 -0700
> stan via test <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I tried to install the latest netinstall version (20210622) of
> > rawhide yesterday using optical media.  Everything seems to work
> > fine, except... without a net connection it does not fall back to
> > using the minimal install on the CD.
>
> I get the same network error with the F34 netinstall image, the
> DEBUG NetworkManager ndisc ([ethernet]) solicit next solicitation.
> So, this is not something new in F35.  It has access to the net, but
> just can't find the repos.  It has to be something simple, a tweak.
> And F34 won't allow minimal install of the install.img either.  It is
> looking more and more like Kamil was right, there is no way to do a
> minimal install.  Next is to use the everything ISO as the source of
> the install.

Using the server everything iso as the software repositary, the install
went off without a hitch.  As long as I left the network connection
turned off.  If the network connection was on when the install CD
started, it hung forever at the language selection screen.  If it was
turned on after the hub came up, it hung forever on the software
selection selections.  In both cases, the error was the
DEBUG NetworkManager ... ndisc [ethernet] solicit next solicitation in

This looks like an error in NetworkManager, maybe the configuration?