Re: GNOME on Wayland does not work on latest Rawhide

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 08:08:36AM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 1:49 AM Igor Raits
> <ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Seems with some latest updates in Rawhide (tbh I haven't updated for a ~month) I can't get Wayland working on my laptop anymore. I've tried to downgrade mesa, mutter, gnome-shell, kernel and a few other packages but no luck.
> >
> > Is it just my laptop that's somehow broken?
>
> I've got a similar regression where the session starts in X instead of
> Wayland, with a huge stack trace in the journal. So I don't think it's
> hardware related.

Yeah, I tried to isolate this yesterday without much luck. ;(

I tried downgrading: kernel, mutter, gnome-shell, glibc, mesa, systemd.

But I might have missed something. Unfortunately, last week was pretty
busy for me, so I didn't reboot until the weekend, so I had a pile of
updates in that transaction that broke things. :(

Perhaps someone else has a smaller list of packages between the normal
and broken states?

kevin