Re: A question about upgrading kernels, again

On Sun, 9 May 2021 03:55:47 -0400
Francisco Tissera <audiogamer2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Someone, in the previous thred, advised me to type, in order to get
> the latest kernel from Fedora 34's repositories
>
> sudo dnf update --releasever=34 'kernel*'

> I tried typing that with and without ticks enclosing the kernnel*
> parameter, but this is what I got, and it's not what should be
> happening, is it?

According to the man pages, this should have worked.  But, it looks
like it didn't disable the rawhide repositories like it was supposed
to, and they would displace f34 updates.  If installing the f34
fedora-repos packages as suggested below doesn't fix this, I suggest you
open a bugzilla against dnf at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/.
I checked and there isn't already a bugzilla for this.  That isn't
surprising, even if it is a bug, because doing what you are doing will
be rare, so no one else will have hit it.

> Any help would be apriciated.

I suspect that you have the fedora-repos package installed for f35
(rawhide), but don't have the fedora-repos package installed for f34,
so dnf couldn't find where to get the f34 packges.  I don't know if the
repos are parallel installable.  If they are, you could go here,
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1741470
and get the fedora-repos packages you need for f34, and install them
using
dnf -C install [list of f34 repo packages]
in the directory to where you downloaded the rpms.  Then you could run
the above command, and it should succeed.

If they aren't parallel installable, you would have to use the
procedure below.

> P.S. Using Fedora rawhide with kernel 5.11.17, trying to see if there
> are any updates available to 5.11.18 or 19 or something like that.

Here is the link to the last 5.11 kernel for f34, 5.11.19,
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1744960
since 5.12.2 has been released for f34. If all else fails you can
download the kernel packages installed on your system from there, and
install them using
dnf -C install [list of kernel packages]
in the directory to where you downloaded the binary kernel rpms.