tty broken after "latest" upgrade

Hi,

I ran a system upgrade late last night and at reboot noticed a major problem with tty (possibly).

I run this system with the multi-user target active, which means I get a text based invitation to login and have to start X manually. This is NOT a new change.

Instead of seeing text "printed" on the screen, I see nothing. It's like the text is invisible. This situation happens near the time of the font change for the various boot messages. After this change, nothing appears except for a blinking "text" cursor. This happens with and without the "nomodeset" boot command line operand present. All the ttys are affected so I doubt that it's an X problem. Hitting enter acts like I entered a blank userid. I visualize logging in and then starting X. This works and I get an X session, windowmaker in my case. ALL the other ttys behave the same... no characters appear except for the cursor. I don't see anything obvious in the output of "journalctl -x -b0".

This system is at the "latest" Fedora 35 (x86_64) upgrades installed.

I'm kinda lost as to just where this problem "lives". Any/all help, hints, tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

George...