Re: PipeWire issues with <= 0.3.24

Hi, great to hear that problem is solved.

Maybe it's just a FinalFE not necessary a blocker.

Regards
Geraldo
geraldosimao

Em seg, 19 de abr de 2021 11:23, Garrett LeSage <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
Hi all,

Several weeks ago, while running Fedora 34 pre-beta, I had a bunch of PipeWire issues preventing me from successfully doing video conferences and listening to music. I reported the issues upstream. The problems included using Bluetooth headphones (at all), codecs for the headphones, switching outputs, and issues when doing video calls. It was a mess, multiple times a day.

I'm happy to say they were all fixed with the latest release of pipewire-0.3.25-1.fc34 and my system has been mostly problem-free with audio since upgrading.

However, after two weeks, this bugfix version is still in testing... and doesn't like it will make it for Fedora 34 at this moment:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2021-46a2394c6d

I hope all these fixes will make it in time for the release. It'd be awful if people would associate PipeWire (and Fedora 34) with broken audio (like so many did for PulseAudio), as it's awesome and actually works very well as of 0.3.25.

Could we make this a blocker, so that this newer version (0.3.15) will be included in the release?

Thanks,
Garrett