Re: when to btrfs scrub, was: Need help with btrfs.

On 2/25/21 15:24, Chris Murphy wrote:

An alternative is 'btrfs scrub start -BdR' which will not background
the scrub, and will give a detailed report upon completion.

Well I think tried all the combinations of scrub status with and without -B, -BdR, -dR to try and get status to report while scrub was running. I was trying to make a combined command (with the &&) that included both the scrub start and the status. I was just going to make it an alias. I couldn't get it to work. scrub would run, but I never got the status. At the end I just made a little script:

#!/bin/bash

sudo btrfs scrub start -BdR /mnt

sudo btrfs scrub status -dR /mnt

then I made an alias to the script. Now when I type the alias scrub runs and when its done I get the results. I don't get any progress, but That's better than what I was doing. I don't plan to run it often, but now I can run it easily and at the end know what the results are.

Related: We don't seem to be using the drive dismount test in the QA Basic tests any more. At least I didn't see it there. Is that no longer necessary with btrfs?

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)