testing ws beta

In regard to testing F34 WS Beta 0214.n.0:

This was a bare metal install on a Lenovo M53 with a i5-4570 CPU. The ISO was check summed and loaded to a thumb drive using Media Writer. The test machine booted to Live normally. I haven't seen any No Boots for a couple of drops now.

Anaconda started normally. Options to delete all and reclaim space were selected for the hard drive. Install ran normally. The reboot to the hard drive for completing the install started fine, but after the gnome desktop appeared, there was a long pause. Then the White sad face screen appeared. Then after another delay the window to start the complete install appeared on top of the white screen. After the complete the install steps were done and the start using Fedora appeared and was clicked. The white screen disappeared and the normal gnome desktop appeared and works normally. The white sad face screen has been a feature of several prior drops.

Following up on some SELinux problems I had seen in prior drops I installed (sudo dnf install setoubleshoot). Alerts started popping up at a rapid rate. I opened the SELinux Alert Browser. I listed the alerts and reported the bugs (1928560, 1928561, and 1928563) were preexisting, but 1928565 was new. I have removed the setroubleshoot so I can continue testing. I do however install setroubleshoot as part of my as deployed configuration for all PCs I support.

In regard to the prior drops that would not boot from the thumb drive. I did additional testing and I am convinced that the thumb drive was not the problem. Which is re-enforced buy the good boots I am getting from the last two drops with the same thumb drive.

    Have a Great Day!

    Pat    (tablepc)