Re: Respins for OEM preloads

Good morning,

21/1/19 16:52(e)an, Peter Robinson igorleak idatzi zuen:
On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 3:50 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A large computer vendor with whom we have a friendly relationship would like
to update the image they're shipping on their systems so that 1) new users
don't have quite so many updates immediately and 2) auiu newer kernel helps
with some upcoming things *vague vague handwavy vague*.

I can think of four possibilities:

1. Sure, use the live-respins!

2. The live-respins are unofficial, but we have run [this specific
    workstation iso] through our standard validation tests and we
    recommend it for your use.

3. Use the netinstall and choose "apply updates" (or whatever that option is
    called) when making your distribution image.

4. Uh, sorry, we got nothin'.

In all cases, they will run through their own internal testing and
validation. And, because of calendar things, they'd really love an answer
before the 26th of this month, which I know is short notice.

Of the above, I think #2 is the best, but requires someone other than me to
do significant work. Sooooo, I'm raising it here. :)

If they're doing the QE the #2 option isn't too hard, what artifact do
they need, the iso installer or the live image, something else?

Actually we already test the respins: https://openqa.fedoraproject.org/tests/overview?distri=fedora&version=33&build=FedoraRespin-33-updates-20210114.0&groupid=1