Re: firewall applet bug

On 1/14/21 03:49, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 1/14/21 12:30 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 14/01/2021 16:22, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 1/13/21 11:07 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 14/01/2021 13:54, Samuel Sieb wrote:
Application icons stopped being generally supported in Gnome a few releases ago.  Have you tried installing gnome-shell-extension-topicons-plus?

FWIW, it took me 2 minutes to find that does work for Xorg but not for a Wayland session.

Strange, it works for me in Wayland.  (not the firewall applet which I've never used, but other ones)

I don't use Gnome all that much.

I'm a bit confused by the wording of your comment.  I think you're saying other items which should appear on the upper bar do show in both Xorg and Wayland sessions.  But, not the firewall applet.
Which you to have tried?

I'm saying that other icons from various other applications do show up, but I haven't tried the firewall applet.

So, maybe

QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread

This one I've seen elsewhere, I don't think it's relevant to this issue.

"/proc/4050/root"

No idea where that comes from.

QObject::connect: No such signal QPlatformNativeInterface::systemTrayWindowChanged(QScreen*)

is significant in the Wayland case?

That one is possible, since by the name, it's related to the system tray.

I will update the existing bug today. in the mean time, here is a little more information I will also add to the bug.

Installing topicons-plus makes no difference.

Also firewall applet has two main functions. One is the icon in the top bar that provides quick access to a menu firewall functions. The other is that it provides notifications in the notification area when a network connection is established or lost. On an inTel machine neither the icon or notifications work. On an AMD machine (A10-7800), though there is no icon on the top bar there are notifications in the notification area when a network connection is established or lost.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)