Re: testcase base update cli

On 1/4/21 03:06, Kamil Paral wrote:
On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 2:58 PM pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx <pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

While running tests on Fedora 34 Rawhide 20210102.n.0

When running test case QA:Testcase base update cli, it used to be that
there was a single file (something not essential as I recall) that would
be found so you could watch the update run and judge if it went okay.
Such a file no longer seem to be available.

If your system is fully up-to-date, there is of course nothing to update.
Try again the next day (or the next day), there will be some updates. Or if
you want to test it *right now*, you can downgrade some unimportant package
(like htop) to a previous version - that's easier on stable Fedora with
main+updates+updates-testing repos, but you can do it even on Rawhide by
manually downloading an older package version from Koji.

I understand. What I'm saying is that I think that an old version of a non-essential package was made part of the compose so their would be something to update in the case of someone running the test on the day the compose was nominated for test.

I haven't found anything in the documentation saying to do that. So my guess is that is was something someone was just doing on their own or it was a long running mistake in the process of building a compose. I doubt this because even though I don't remember which package was updated, I do remember that it was always the same package.

In any case it was handy because you didn't have to run the test day after day until their was something to update. I'm curious how Coconut runs this test when there isn't something to update. Is it happy with the Complete Nothing to do?

As a side note, the command used in the test case is "dnf update". As I
recall "update" was deprecated in favor of "upgrade". However, I see
that "update" still works though it doesn't appear to be in the man
pages anymore. Shall I prepare an update to the test case or did I miss
something?

Both 'update' and 'upgrade' keywords are supported and work the same way.

I'm sure I saw that "update" was deprecated so I just checked and in:

https://dnf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/command_ref.html

I found "Upgrade Command
Command: upgrade
Aliases: up
Deprecated aliases: update, upgrade-to, update-to, localupdate"

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)