Re: FC 34, broken glibc

Matthew,

Thanks for  your appreciation.

In my fumbling attempt to get "dnf distro-sync" to work I removed the one rpm that was holding things up (glibc*-20*). OUCH! This was the exact thing I was afraid of... not afraid enough it seems. Now I have a totally non funcional system. Argh. I did this in 2001 to a Solaris system... got the fear and the vaccination... Sigh. The vaccination apparently wore off.

I have a fc31 live system booted and am looking for a statically linked bash because chroot fails... no libgc. Sigh... The commands rpm and the others rpm might run during an (re)install would probably need to be statically linked in as well.

Do you have any ideas on how I can recover from this... preferably without reinstalling the system.

Best regards,

George...