Re: some vague Rawhide feedback

On 10/11/20 12:51 AM, David wrote:
Where does one begin to learn what that menu does without getting too deep into it all ?     I would be making an assumption that this is a script that controls grub or a block of grub entries.   Right ?    Are the lines called parameters or settings ?

The lines are the commands that grub will run.

And this procedure is just used to bypass gdm.    Right ?

As Stan said, this isn't bypassing gdm.  However...

Would this allow someone to access my computer without my password ?   I did not
have to enter a password the second time I did this.

I'm not sure what you mean here about a password, but there are ways to access your computer without a password by modifying the grub commands. If you are concerned about that, then you need to add a grub password. But if you really want to protect against physical access, you need to use full disk encryption.