Re: Thunderbird - Unpleasant Surprise

On 2020-10-06 19:05, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I found that none of the extensions that I use with thunderbird-68.11.0-1 are compatible
> with the version 78.  This includes Enigmail.

Somehow I managed to lose some emails in this thread.

In any event, it has been pointed out that gnupg is now builtin.  While that is true it lacks any of the
flexibility, as far as I can tell, of enigmail.  It has no ability to add per-recipient rules, for example.
I also don't think it has a setting for automatically signing/encrypting replies to messages which are
either signed or encrypted.

I haven't yet tried it.  But since the ConfigDate addon is incompatible I think I will have to determine a new
way to get TBird to display the Date in 24hr format the way I like it.  It was a painful and time consuming
process to get it right in previous versions.

I did get calendars to work with V78 and google calendars.  Oddly, it took 2 restarts of TBird to get it
working even after the Provider for Google Calendar was updated.

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.