Re: initial-setup showing every time the system boots

On Thursday, September 10, 2020 1:33:04 PM WEST Kamil Paral wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 11:33 AM José Abílio Matos <jamatos@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>   last Monday I have download the kde spin for F33 in order to have a
> working computer. :-)
>
> I have installed it twice, the first time I have only configured root. When
> I rebooted after this install the initial-setup run before the display
> manager and at that time I have configured a user. At the end I quit and
> the sddm showed up as expected.
>
> And the second time?

It happened the same on all boots after the second install.
I installed twice because since the install time is small (if you just do it
once) I tried to discard the absence of the user account as the reason for
this issue.

The behavior was the same, the initial setup window shows but is not
responsive and after some time vanishes.

I did not proceed because the purpose of the computer is to work. :-)

> My issue was that in both cases after every reboot (or cold boot) the
> initial-setup window would show but it would not be possible to interact
> with it and at some point it would disappear to be replaced by the display
> manager (sddm).
>
> So this issue is simply annoying since as soon as the display manager shows
> the system is working.
>
> My workaround was to remove the initial-setup package.
>
> Is this known? Where should it be reported?
>
> I tried to reproduce this in a VM with
> Fedora-KDE-Live-x86_64-33-20200909.n.0.iso and everything is working just
> fine for me.
>
> It can be reported against https://bugzilla.redhat.com/ against the
> initial-setup package, but the developers will need some logs to understand
> what's happening. You can still find those logs using "journalctl -b
> <number>" to look into the past, but it might be easier to just reinstall
> the initial-setup package, reproduce it again, and collect the current log
> using "journalctl -b".

That makes sense. :-)

Thank you,
--