Re: Release criteria proposal: first boot experience

> On Fri, 2020-09-04 at 12:12 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 12:57 pm, Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Overall I find the criterion reasonable and useful and I'm +1 to
> > > incorporating it. Its current phrasing seems fine to me.
> >
> > So how does the process of adding the new criterion work? I guess we
> > should leave the weekend for additional comment, in case anybody wants
> > to suggest improvements, but it'd be nice to get this incorporated into
> > the release criteria and repropose the gnome-initial-setup bug.
>
> To be honest it's something we've never had the roundtuits to write up
> in a nice clean policy. The convention is basically: once a draft has
> been up for a while (say, a week or two, depending on urgency) without
> significant objections, you just go ahead and add it to the wiki. i.e.
> it's a fuzzy consensus system. :)

Oh, sorry, bit more detail - you should also send a mailing list reply
to say "I reckon this is ready to go and no-one objected, so I'm adding
it to the wiki now", and have the wiki edit message link to the mailing
list thread. Just so things can easily be tracked back. If it's not too
much trouble, please also add a "References" footnote to the criterion
following the pattern used by other criteria - at least linking to the
mailing list discussion with some dates, and with a "Test case:" entry,
which can point to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_base_initial_setup , as that
does actually already say "Other functions of the initial setup utility
should complete without errors, crashes or freezes, and should achieve
the results they claim".

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson