Re: btrfs missing/broken from anaconda install dialogues

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 9:30 AM George R Goffe via test
<test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was reading about filesystems in Linux, specifically RedHat systems, and there was a lot about btrfs and how good it is.
>
> With this in mind, I tried to install my favorite Fedora Core system (Currently FC33) uner QEMU, but saw in the custom partitioning part of the dialogues that btrfs was missing.

In custom partitioning, Btrfs is a 'device' type like RAID and LVM,
instead of appearing as a file system.

> Anaconda did sense these partitions and filetypes but when I got around to assigning partitions to mount points, the process would not let me make a mount point for "/". For one, the sort of the display was NOT by device, i.e., /dev/sda1, but rather some other sort "field". I was expecting a similar partitioning process but this is not the case.

If it won't let you do something, it should present a banner at the
bottom with a short error message that you can click on to get more
information.

> I guess I'm asking two questions here. 1) is btrfs supported by anaconda, 2) is it the process broken for btrfs?

It is and it shouldn't be. If you're running into trouble, file a bug
and include discrete reproduce steps so that anyone can try to
reproduce the problem. Then we can figure out what's up.

--
Chris Murphy