sort of Rawhide related

Today's update on my install ( Intel i5-3470, desktop pc ), went smoothly.
Bashtop looks good.

In Inkscape, when I click on the version number, it also displays the date
of that version ( May 1, 2020 ).    That is interesting to me.

I have a question about the rpm package set ( or stack ? ).     I recall two years
ago or more, that one or two distros ( OpenMandriva  ?? ) had a different kind of rpm that was a fork of rpm.
I recall that project was short-lived and ended.   I think I read that it was from one of
the developers that had earlier played a big role in the development of rpm.
I am just curious if any of you knew what that
was all about, and what all got resolved.     And that since the original rpm is still getting updated, did any
of the stuff from the other rpm make it into the current rpm.     I assume there is
going to be a Version 4.16 in the coming years.   Right ?     Or year ??

My version is:   4.15.90-0.git14971.11.fc33, which came in today's install, which looks awfully
close to a 4.16.    Right ?       My only point here, is that I am trying to observe and learn
and teach myself about version numbers, point-releases on git, Rawhide, etc.

I have had several people tell me that I should not be using Rawhide - but that
is not my goal.     So instead, I will try to keep a low-profile and reduce my post to the list
about my novice impressions of Rawhide.     I will likely due a new install of Rawhide on a
blank SSD next week, and try a DE that I haven't tried, or that I am not proficient at.

David Locklear