Re: user switching criterion proposal

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 6:15 PM Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 2020-05-06 at 17:51 +0200, Kamil Paral wrote:
> For the purpose of this criterion, user switching doesn't include switching
> between different sessions of the *same* user.

Rather than "doesn't include" I'd suggest "need not include".

I'm not a native speaker, but that doesn't seem to convey what I'm trying to say. "For the purpose of this criterion" is the important part. We don't want different sessions of the same user to be considered blocking. So in this criterion, it's not considered user switching. In general sense, it probably is (but that doesn't matter).

Maybe also add wording to suggest this doesn't cover switching between
two different DEs (though that's actually the use case I'm most
interested in personally).

I did. See this explanation note:
"The "in their default configuration" part is there to cover only cases where the system hasn't been modified in a substantial (and relevant) way. This will exclude cases where people e.g. install several desktop environments, replace their DM for a different one, tweak systemd settings, or install a non-default graphics driver."
Perhaps I can add it as another footnote box directly to the criterion, I'm not sure. AdamW, what do you think?