Re: Did you lost you wayland too?

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 9:58 PM Paul Dufresne via test <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't understand, I lost wayland on F32!

[paul@localhost ~]$ echo $GDMSESSION
gnome
[paul@localhost ~]$ echo $XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
GNOME
[paul@localhost ~]$ echo $WAYLAND_DISPLAY

[paul@localhost ~]$

This:
$ echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
will give you either `x11` or `wayland` depending on your session type.

The about in Gnome settings give: Windowing System: X11 ... but I am
pretty sure I am logged under Gnome, not Gnome Classics or on Xorg.

You can select that using the bottom right icon before confirming your password. If you log in as "GNOME" (meaning Wayland), but you get X11, then the answer is probably somewhere in the logs. There are certain cases where wayland isn't available and it falls back to X11. E.g. when using nvidia binary drivers.