Memtest86+

Recently I've had cause to run memtest on some relatively modern systems (Haswell, Haswell refresh, and Kaby Lake R). On all three systems the memtest86+ provided with the Fedora Workstation Live media failed.

On the Haswell and Haswell refresh machines it froze shortly after starting. It didn't matter if the test was run in 'Safe Mode', or with SMP.

On the Kaby Lake R machine it causes the machine to reboot before memtest86+ launches.

It works fine on an older Wolfdale Core 2 Duo.

I've tried this with both the Workstation Live 31 and a 32 Beta image. Both verified.

Has anyone else seen this? Should there be a test case? Should it just be dropped since memtest86+ appears to be dead upstream, and doesn't support UEFI (and possibly doesn't work)?