Re: criterion proposal: prevent services timing out on system shutdown

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 4:48 AM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All system services present after installation with one of the release-blocking package sets must not time out frequently or regularly when they are being stopped during system reboot/shutdown.

I like it generally, but I worry we'll get hung up on the definition
of "frequently" or "regularly". For shutdown in particular, I'm less
concerned with service timeouts (granted, I'm not paying for my
compute by the minute). I'm leaning toward something like
"predictably" or "reliably" (which is an awkward use of the word).
Basically, it's not a blocker unless it does it every time.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His