R: Testing impact of Red Hat office closure

Hello, I would say to see how the tests proceed in the next few days, after which decide if it is necessary to delay the release of Fedora 32. In any case I think the impact we will notice only in the next few days, at the moment it is too early to make predictions.

Soon: Nathan.

Da: Ben Cotton <bcotton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Inviato: domenica 15 marzo 2020 15:48
A: For testing and quality assurance of Fedora releases <test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Oggetto: Testing impact of Red Hat office closure

Hi QA team,

As many of you may already know, Red Hat has asked all employees to work from home[1]. Given the current global conditions, I want to start understanding the impact if Red Hat offices are closed as we approach the Fedora 32 Final (currently targeted for 21 April).

What tests require physical hardware that resides in Brno or other offices?

If people want to take testing hardware home, I am happy to help make that case to the appropriate managers.

There will undoubtedly be tests we can't do for some reason if offices remain shut down. We may also have less capacity for testing because pandemics take a toll on people, even if they don't get sick.

Knowing what tests are at risk will allow us to make plans for what to do with the Fedora 32 release. We may choose to delay the release or to skip the affected tests.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/what-red-hat-doing-address-coronavirus-covid-19

Thanks,
BC