flatpak related

A post from a novice user

I still do not have a firm grip on the ideology, and usage of flatpaks.

I think my Xfce install is default and all additional packages are flatpaks.

Today, dnf told me to get rid of org.gnome.Platform 3.32 and 3.34 and
install 3.36.      I am not sure if I understood all that nor went about it right.

So I just started over and removed all my all my flatpak stuff and reinstalled
them.

I do not believe a new Linux user would have any idea what is going on with
all those procedures.     I have been using Linux ( at a novice level ? ) for nearly
three years, ( meaning I only do computer task that an average household user
might do )

I know there is documentation all over the web, but it would have been helfpul
had dnf included some more tips.

One confusing part is all the different flatpak repos ( Do I use Fedora or do I use
Flathub ).    I started off about to use Fedora, but I kept seeing F31 on the repo,
and so I figured the that if I chose Fedora, I might get older versions of some
dependency or package.

I am pretty sure that Xfce handles flatpaks in a different manner if you use the
gui method ( unless you install the Gnome Software Center ?? ).       I barely know
how to use dnfdragora, and did not see an easy simple way to manage flatpaks
with dnfdragora.

I am leaning to the idea that a person's first experience with Linux should be with
only the software their distro includes out of the box, and any software that they
can graphically click on to add and remove.     If that package is a flatpak, then their
distro's gui tool, should have some kind of friendly pop-up saying what the heck
is about to happen and why, or where they can go on-line for more juicy details.

I still like flatpaks, and I like the idea that as much of the operating system is
sandboxed as is possible.

How hard would it be to pre-install LibreOffice as a flatpak or to allow the installer
to ask the person doing the install if they want specific packages installed as a flatpak.
GIMP, is certainly worth considering.    Maybe some other packages too ?

Feel free to correct me, criticize me, etc.

Thank you for your time.

David Locklear