Re: Testing request: F30/F31 dnf updates for upgrading to F32

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 5:47 AM Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey folks!

So we have F30 and F31 updates that need testing:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-02ee4b1a1c (F30)
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-717d521d35 (F31)

These are intended to fix problems when upgrading to F32 caused by
modules doing stuff they shouldn't; they do this by resetting all
modules as part of the upgrade. We need folks to test that upgrading to
F32 after installing these updates works OK.

To test, *first* install the updates on F30/F31, *then* run an upgrade
to F32 with `dnf system-upgrade` (see
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/quick-docs/dnf-system-upgrade/ ).
Of course, since F32 is pre-Beta ATM, don't do this on important or
production systems unless you're really sure you want to run a pre-
release on them!

If the upgrade works OK and you don't see any module-related weirdness,
please +1 the update. If the upgrade has issues, don't -1 the update
right away as the issues might be unrelated to it; please post here and
we'll try and figure out the problem.

Thanks!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey

Fedora 30 with RPM fusion repos enabled throws an GPG key error. Removal of RPM fusion repos and all the packages upgrades F30 to F32 just fine.