Re: Lukas Piekarski

Lukas,

Welcome.

I am a fan of Rawhide.    I do not believe any distro offers something equivalent to Rawhide.

One other distro OpenSUSE offers Tumbleweed, however, there is a huge difference.

However, the trick seems to first get a good iso of Rawhide, which is not easy.    I would only use Rawhide if you have access to ethernet - especially if you run all flatpaks.

I can promise you all, that I am the dumbest person using Rawhide, and I sincerely mean that.   I have no idea what samba is, nor am I comfortable with dual-booting, nor virtual machines, nor how to use Linux on a laptop.

I just enjoy watching dnf update all those library packages and newest system components.

I will likely install dnf 5.0.0-rc1, once I figure out how to do that.   I assume that will be in December.

I drive 300 kilometers per day in congested city traffic.  I have a one-person business that delivers paper-documents to and from offices.   I use Rawhide as my only operating system for internet, YouTube, Google Drive, playing Gnome games, but mostly to teach myself the tiny subtle differences between distros.

I have never found a distro that I did not like, but pure Debian ( and freeBSD ) were way way too boring.

I loved, Magiea 6, Tumbleweed, and the Unstable Developer's Edition of Neon, and Netrunner, and SparkyLinux 5.0.

But once I learned to live in Rawhide, I saw no point to using anything else.

David Locklear
Novice Rawhide user