a personal usage report

My install of Rawhide Xfce is still going strong.    I have at least
20 man-hours on hardware of usage.       I have the newest kernel
now, and I think the newest systemd, and wine, and a bunch of perl
stuff that I have no idea what that is.

The good news, is I have a new internet provider and getting 100+
Mbps or something like that, on ethernet.

My goal is to resolve my wi-fi issues, but lack of spare time is
part of the problem there.

I seem to be having trouble with a flatpack update of "org.freedesktop.Platform"
It looks like 237 MB download and I think it is hanging up.

I showed my install to someone today who had never seen Linux, and they were
very impressed.

The sad news ( unrelated to Linux or anything really ), is that my estranged-wife took
out a $ 1,000 loan and purchased an iPad Pro, and then twisted my arm to give her
$ 500 for the downpayment of the purchase.   Then she through a temper-tantrum, that
she didn't want all that Apple-stuff on her tablet,
or to have to remember passwords and where the power-on button was.    But she
represents billions of people around the world, who have become obsessed with their
smartphone way of doing things, yet have zero computer interest.     Eventually, she will catch
on that her iPad is just a giant smartphone.

My point is, that I would have rather purchased a tablet with Fedora Workstation on it.

David Locklear