Re: Proposal fora Base test case change

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 3:48 PM pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx <pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This proposal is for changes to Base test case: "QA:Testcase package
install remove" The existing test case is here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_package_install_remove

Though there is a requirement to install packages, there are no commands
provided to accomplish this.

The process doesn't need to involve command. The purpose of the test case is to test any package manager, including graphical ones. So for Workstation, we test it with gnome-software. For KDE, we test it with both graphical managers they have in there (because KDE). On Server, we test it with dnf.

Also, there are no instructions concerning
things to look for during the installations.

If we specified the packages to install, we could test an RPM package
and a Modular package. I don't think dnf can handle Flatpacks.

Modularity has a separate list of test cases, see e.g. here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_32_Rawhide_20200131.n.0_Base#Modularity

We have no test cases for flatpaks, at the moment.

This test case uses the command line: (rpm -q package1 package2) This is
done twice; once to remove the packages and once to verify the removal.

I might be good to change the first one to: (dnf remove). Though we
could use this command again to verify the removal, it might be more
revealing to use (dnf info). The DNF info will show, among other things,
"Installed" or "Available".

If we want to test dnf, we need to verify the operation with something else, not dnf itself. Rpm is the lowest tool we can use for verification.