Sorry for asking, but I am still trying to find my way around here.

Best regards from Germany
Joachim

Am Dienstag, den 14.01.2020, 21:47 +0530 schrieb Sumantro Mukherjee:

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 9:22 PM <Prabhakar.Pujeri@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Sumantro,

Can you guide me what I can do next. Still I am learning fedora environment but I am very familiar with feroda OS (last 8 years I am using )

Thanks
Prabhakar

-----Original Message-----
From: sankarshan <sankarshan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 6:53 PM
To: Pujeri, Prabhakar; Sumantro Mukherjee
Subject: Re: contribute to fedora project

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Hey All!

First of all thank you for showing interest and testing Fedora Kernel. I am Sumantro and like Sankarshan mentioned, I lead some of the testing efforts in the Fedora QA community.
So, for just kernel testing we focus on Multi arch regression testing with flags for performance and destructive. The test case can be found here[0].
To get started, you will need a FAS account and a Contributor Licence Agreement AKA CLA +1 from the group which you want to contribute. To get started with Fedora QA, you will need to
introduce yourself as a contributor to the @test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. You will need to first join the Mailing List, which can be done by subscribing to https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/test.lists.fedoraproject.org/. After you are subscribed, you need to write an introduction, one example can be https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/KMHWR2IKYY2YZRHLB34CJQXTC26BETEH/. Let me know if you get stuck in this process, once this is done, I can give you a CLA +1 on the FAS ID

In Fedora we have two kinds of testing process:
1. Updates Testing
2. Release Validation Testing

You can start off by testing updates in [http://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/] for Fedora 30, Fedora 31. Update testing is where a tester tests a package and gives out a +1 Karma for PASS and -1 Karma for FAIL. You can go to bodhi.fedoraproject.org where you can sort the packages with Fedora Releases and tags viz “pending” & “testing”. You can read much about update testing here [1].

You can start with Release Validation testing. In Release Validation all you need to do is to check the nightly/TC/RC against certain criteria. For example, let’s take the latest compose (Fedora 32 Rawhide 20200112.n.0 Summary), you can run test cases which are mentioned [2] and submit your results in the test matrix.

Note that each of the test cases[3] will have “How to test” section which will have the steps (to be executed sequentially) and if the results match with the expected results you can mark it as pass by editing the wiki page {resultPASS|<fas_username>}. Always make sure to check for “Associated release criterion” which can be found on the top of test case page, if your test case fails you can mark it fail by editing the wiki page {resultFAIL|<fas_username>} and file a bug at RHBZ [4] under Fedora.

You can always find the ‘current’ validation pages using these addresses:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Server_Test
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Cloud_Test

For Automation, you can start looking at Open QA[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenQA] its maintained by Adamw. Ping me, if you want to know more.

Fedora QA dashboard is currently being developed which is here https://taskotron.fedoraproject.org/landing_page/

Other Blogs to read:

  1. https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/getting-started-fedora-qa-part-1/
  2. https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/getting-started-fedora-qa-part-2/
  3. https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/getting-started-fedora-qa-part-3/

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_kernel_regression
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_32_Rawhide_20200112.n.0_Summary?rd=Test_Results:Current_Summary
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_USB_stick_Live_luc
[4] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/

Feel free to ping me if you have any questions.

Fedora Code of Conduct:

List Guidelines:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

List Archives: