Re: Proposal: Asynchronous blocker review process (using Pagure)

Thanks for the proposal, Kamil!

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 1:31 PM Kamil Paral <kparal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Blocker Bugs App (DIY solution)

For the reasons you posted, I don't think this is a good idea. And you
didn't even mention top posting. That would be a mess.

> Bugzilla
> ********
> Pagure
> *******

Both could work, but navigation in pagure is far better in my opinion.

> 2. Blocker Bugs App (BBA) detects the new blocker and creates a new ticket in Pagure in the "fedora-blockers" project, then updates the bug to link to this ticket (a new comment, a Links entry). It shows both the bug and the discussion ticket in its UI.

What about fedora-blockers group with FXX-{{Beta,
Final}-Blockers,{Beta, Final}-FEs} projects. Issues would be filed
against appropriate project in that group. I like the added hierarchy
and that F32-Final-Blockers would have only relevant issues. Or does
this sound too complicated?

> 5. Once some kind of understanding of the issue is formed, a privileged member (e.g. a member of @fedora-qa FAS group) can start the vote by including a command in his comment, e.g. "START VOTE" on a separate line. (Note that this is just a proposal. We can easily let anyone start the vote, or we can allow voting right from the beginning without an explicit start.)

I'd allow voting right from the beginning, OTOH I think we would often
see a lot of votes, then proper discussion and RESTART command after
that. We can try both (explicit START and right from the beginning)
and see which is better.

> Note that we don't need the blocker bot to be fully or even partially implemented, just to try this out. We can easily do the bot steps manually in the beginning and decide whether we like this process, before we start working on the automation. We can pretty much start testing this right now, if we want.

+1 on this, transitional period in which we would do it manually so we
can start testing the new process without spending much time
developing the bot is a great idea.