Re: Updates to disk unmount test case.

On Tue, 2019-11-26 at 13:59 -0500, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I assure you that I wasn't being lazy when I created the web draft test
> case. It wasn't copied from e'mail, but from my original LibriWriter
> file where I composed it. The formatting with the results right under
> the test step was a demonstration of a format that has some advantages
> over the existing format. Just a little demo; I will change it.

I think it can be a good format indeed, and I've seen it used in other
test contexts, but all our other significant test cases use the format
intended by the template where all the test steps are together and all
the expected results are together after the test steps. So it'd
probably be best to stay consistent with that.

You can use little writing tricks to help people map each test step to
the correct expected result, like you can write in a test step "run
command X and then check the output" (not just "run command X"), and
then in the results you write something like "The output of command X
should be..." I find that's usually enough to make it clear for
testers.

Thanks for continuing to work on this!
--
Adam Williamson