Re: The operation would result in removing the following protected packages: kernel-core, systemd

On 10/23/19 9:30 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
This has been rather routine here in recent weeks trying to system-upgrade to f31
from a freshly upgraded f30. This is with/without allowerasing and/or best and/or
skip-broken options. Does it happen to others? Is there a known workaround? Is
there a way to get dnf to report what's trying to cause kernel and/or systemd
removal? The only workaround I've found is to not exclude kernel*, which used to
be an easy way to gain some freespace back from filling / with 100% of rpms
downloaded in advance. With a fresh new kernel, there's no rush to have a nearly
identical kernel available right away. On my systems, it won't get used on first
post-upgrade boot anyway (booting the symlink to the most recent kernel, which the
upgrade doesn't touch).

You need to include the command you're running and the output from dnf for this to be useful.