Re: Dash to Dock

On 10/2/19 11:25 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 10:03:28AM -0700, stan via test wrote:
git clone https://github.com/micheleg/dash-to-dock.git
fatal: destination path 'dash-to-dock' already exists and is not an
empty directory.
This is the results of that. I have tried that several times and it
doesn't work.
I think the error is saying that you already have the directory it is
trying to create, and it isn't empty, so it isn't going to overwrite it.
Just remove that directory and it should work.
Note that this should be done in a code working space or temporary
directory, not under ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions.

Assuming that you're in ~/code/ or whatever, it may be that you've simply
already checked out dash-to-dock previously. In that case, simply change
into that directory and do:

   git checkout master
   git pull
   make
   make install

This sounds good but I do not understand tech language, sorry. It needs to be explain to me in good old fashion english. (getting to be a lost language, smile)

--
All things are workable but don't all things work.
Prov. 3: 5 & 6