Re: Testing for proper disk mount & dismount

On 9/9/19 14:34, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Mon, 2019-09-09 at 14:09 -0400, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
In the QA meeting today, Adam thought we can discuss this here.

Back in late 2018, Alan Jenkins posted a note to this list concerning a
problem he had observed with drives not being properly dismounted. No
one seemed to reply and I had seen the same problem. I swapped a few
e'mails with Alan to get particulars and wrote a proposal for a test to
be added to our basic test matrix. I sent the proposal to this list and
after some discussion, I found out that a similar test was in the
matrix, but had been removed.

Do you have a specific reference for this part? The test itself and the
old version of the matrix should still be accessible via page history
etc. It'd be useful to see them. Thanks!

Sorry, here is the original test case:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_base_shutdown/reboot

I couldn't find the version of the matrix that included this case.

This is what I used as the base for the proposal and just added a couple things around checking the disks. The recommendation is that this test only be done on bare metal installs.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)