Testing Rawhide (F31) Workstation-Live drop 0802

In regard to my testing of Rawhide (F31) Workstation-Live drop 0802.n.1:

The ISO and check sum were downloaded. The check sum passed. The ISO was burned to DVD and DVD check sum passed. The DVD was used to boot my bare metal test PC (Lenovo M58p with E8400 processor). The test system was running CentOS-7 with no problems.

The system started the media check and the media check passed. After that the Live boot process started, but did not complete. The system froze after (Started: gnome display manager). Earlier in the operations list there were four failed attempts to start the login service. I could not get a terminal with Ctrl-Alt-F3. The system had to be powered down to restart and try again. I got the same result. I power cycled the PC removing the DVD so the PC could boot to the hard drive. CENTOS-7 started and ran normally. I tried booting a F30 Worstation Live DVD. The boot to Live completed normally. The Install option was chosen and Anaconda started normally.

Why CentOS-7 you might ask: I was helping a neighbor learn how to install it. He wants to set up a server and the book he bought was focused on using CentOS.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)