Testing of Rawhide (F31) Workstation Live 0726 drop

Regarding my testing of Rawhide (F31) workstation live 0726 drop.

This was done as a clean bare metal install on a Lenovo M59p PC with an E8400 processor. No issues were encountered with the installation.

I had no failures with standard tests and logged the results with relval.

I ran the kernel tests on the Linux 5.3.0-0.rc1.git3.1.fc31.x86_64 x86_64 included in this drop of rawhide. I got all passing results for the default tests and the performance tests. The test logs were submitted.

I thought the problem I had encountered several drops ago with the mouse pointer disappearing was gone, but when I closed the terminal after completing the kernel tests the mouse pointer disappeared. This had not occurred with any of the prior testing with this drop over the last three days. I'm thinking I should file a bug against gnome-shell, but there is very little I can say other than sometimes when I close an application the mouse pointer disappears and it can be brought back by opening an application.

I just tried running the kernel tests again and see if it would happen again. Well, what do ya know it did! but a sample of two isn't very conclusive. I also just found out that I don't have to start an application to make the pointer come back. The pointer will come back if I just click on the favorites panel without starting an application.

I guess I will file a bug. Is gnome-shell the right call out?

		Have a Great Day!

		Pat	(tablepc)