Re: Mystery empty file

On 6/6/19 11:32 AM, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 6/6/19 14:25, Samuel Sieb wrote:
On 6/6/19 11:11 AM, pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 6/6/19 13:45, Adam Williamson wrote:
Try it with enforcing=0 ?

I just tried permissive mode with the same result. I've just looked through of the "files" in debug and they are all empty; so I'm guessing that the kernel folks turned this off.

By empty, do you mean there's no content, or that you get a permission error as above?

when operating as root the files show as 0 bytes and I get "Operation not permitted" when I try cat.

As has been mentioned in this thread several times, all files in /sys (and /proc) show as 0 bytes because they are virtual files. The important part is that you are getting the permission error which appears to be a known issue. You could possibly avoid that error for now by turning off secure boot.