Re: Mystery empty file

On 6/6/19 13:11, Chris Murphy wrote:
On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 6:05 AM pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<pmkellly@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I discovered something strange. In both F30 and Rawhide (F31) the file
/sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices is empty. That is it's a file of 0 bytes.
This file used to contain all the information about connected USB
devices. Does anyone know if this is part of an intended change or is it
a bug? If it is an intended change, how does one get the information on
connected USB devices now?

Everything below /sys/ is a pseudo file created by the kernel. I'd
guess something changed there. You could ask on the Fedora kernel
list.

It may be that USB debugging is off on regular kernels and only
enabled on debug kernels.

Thanks for trying. I knew this was a pseudo file, but in prior versions I was able to open and read the file as root. I guess I will try asking at the kernel list.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)