Re: [Test-Announce] Fedora 30 Candidate RC-1.1 Available Now!

On Thu, 2019-04-25 at 08:13 +0100, Phil Wyett wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-04-24 at 18:08 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Thu, 2019-04-25 at 00:42 +0000, rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > According to the schedule [1], Fedora 30 Candidate RC-1.1 is now
> > > available for testing. Please help us complete all the validation
> > > testing! For more information on release validation testing, see:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Release_validation_test_plan
> > >
> > > Test coverage information for the current release can be seen at:
> > > https://www.happyassassin.net/testcase_stats/30
> > >
> > > You can see all results, find testing instructions and image download
> > > locations, and enter results on the Summary page:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_30_RC_1.1_Summary
> > >
> > > The individual test result pages are:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_30_RC_1.1_Installation
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_30_RC_1.1_Base
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_30_RC_1.1_Server
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_30_RC_1.1_Cloud
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_30_RC_1.1_Desktop
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_30_RC_1.1_Security_Lab
> > >
> > > All RC priority test cases for each of these test pages [2] must
> > > pass in order to meet the RC Release Criteria [3].
> >
> > Hey folks! So this really is an RC for 30 Final - all currently-known
> > blockers are addressed. Unfortunately, though, the compose got hung up
> > by problems with s390 tasks; it should have been finished about 12
> > hours ago, but it only just finished now :(
> >
> > We may well not have time to complete testing on it ahead of Go/No-Go
> > now, but if folks can do their best, that'd be great. Thanks a lot!
> > --
> > Adam Williamson
> > Fedora QA Community Monkey
> > IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net
> > http://www.happyassassin.net
> >

> Hi all,
>
> Been running the 30 RC 1.1. workstation (live install ISO) compose for a
> number
> of hours.
>
> * Install is consistent and major error free. There is the anaconda banners
> thing, but that is for another day.
> * All the GNOME issues have been resolved for days now and are still so.
> * Desktop is stable. Seen improvement as daily branched and beta compose ISO
> images have been released.
>
> I see no blockers from the workstation stand point and would say - go.
>
> Regards
>
> Phil

Forgot to mention. The fedora desktop logo (bottom right by default) does not
appear correctly in many cases. This looks like yet another issue with GNOME
fractal scaling and will likely take a while to sort out. Those who cannot live
with it can always disable the 'Fedora logo' via the GNOME weak tool.

Regards

Phil

- --
*** If this is a mailing list, I am subscribed, no need to CC me.***

Playing the game for the games sake.

Twitter: kathenasorg
IRC: kathenas
Web: https://kathenas.org
Github: https://github.com/kathenas
GitLab: https://gitlab.com/kathenas

GPG: A0C3 4C6A AC2B B8F4 F1E5 EDF4 333F 60DC B0B9 BB77