Re: F30 workstation beta fresh install: all well apart from gnome-clocks bug (and possibly suspend)

On 4/13/19 13:17, Ankur Sinha wrote:
Hello!

Just installed F30 beta workstation on a brand new E490 thinkpad[1]. I
am happy to report that everything's gone very well---installation and
set up. I've run into the gnome-clocks issue, which won't let me login
without the workaround[2,3].

I've closed the lid once or twice only, and in both cases, on re-opening
the lid, there was a black screen with a mouse cursor but it didn't get
past that. I haven't yet been able to debug it yet, so this may not be a
bug---any one else seen this? Output of fpaste --sysinfo is attached.

[1] https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=da7c2876d3
[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/1062
[3] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1837552#p1837552

After down loading F30 Workstation Live Beta drop 0411, the check sum on the ISO passed. I burned the ISO to a DVD and the DVD check sum passed. I booted my bare metal test machine (Lenovo M58p with E8400 processor) to the DVD and the media test ran and passed. Anaconda started and I selected the option to reclaimed all disk space. The installation seemed to run normally. After I quit Anaconda I selected Restart and during the shut down the system crashed leaving no records I could send for reference. I powered down the PC and then back up to see if Fedora would start. Fedora did start and Gnome came up, but the usual first start greetings etc. never appeared. The upper left menu only contained options to restart of shut down. The Activities menu was not present. I tried the restart and got the same result I had with the power up described earlier.

		Have a Great Day!

		Pat	(tablepc)