F30 Workstation BetaRC1.8 testing

My testing of my F30 Workstation Beta  RC 1.8 testing.

The install was done on bare metal (Lenovo M58p with E8400 processor). The ISO was downloaded, check sum verified, and burned to DVD. The DVD was used to boot the PC and install the new drop. All disk space was deleted and reclaimed in the process.

I discovered two bugs:

Sound bug: RHBG #1693344. This bug is related to gnome control center and is 100% repeatable. The bug causes the loss to the left side sound channel. This bug was present early in the F30 development cycle ( or maybe back in F29 can't recall for sure) but was apparently fixed. It's back. The report has instructions for causing the bug. This might be a blocker, but I will let others decide that.

Authentication pop up bug. The bug does not have a report yet as I have not been able to determine which os component to charge with the bug. This bug was found during one of my As Deployed test cases rather that a standard test case. The scenario follows:

1) Do the install as described in the second paragraph above.

2) Setup a user and pass word in the initial Gnome start up.

3) Open the Terminal and issue the following commands:

    sudo passwd -d <username>
        operation successful

    sudo passwd
        give root the pass word originally
        used for <username>
        operation successful

4) Close terminal

5) Open Gnome Control Center at Details -> Users, unlock the user panel and set the user's Auto Login to ON. No problems observed.

6) Afterward, everything works as expected with no problems.

7) Leave the system idle and let the screen timeout.

8) Press the return key to activate the screen. The screen appears and applications can be used, but there is a pop up in the upper left corned (screen shot attached). The pop up apparently wants authorization for changing user to auto login. The buttons on the pop up can be clicked, but they have no effect. Also the pop up is transparent and it can be clicked through to click the Activities button and access the favorites that is under the pop up. The only way to get rid of the pop up is to reboot. After reboot the pop up does not reappear unless some other operation that it thinks needs authorization is done. With the pop up gone. everything except the sound bug above works fine. Additional reboots also work fine.

    Have a Great Day!

    Pat    (tablepc)