Re: Modularity test cases for a review

Thanks for the feedback! I am collecting ideas and will change the test cases accordingly :)

Lukas

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 3:36 PM Adam Samalik <asamalik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 3:20 PM Lukas Ruzicka <lruzicka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have updated the modularity test cases according to what we discussed in a meeting with @Stephen Gallagher , @Petr Sabata , @Adam Samalik , @Mohan Boddu . Currently, we have the following test cases defined to cover modular use cases in Fedora (see below).
Can you please take a look and provide some additions or comments if needed. If there are no comments, I will assume that we have the issue covered and will work from there.
Thanks,
Lukas
I'd merge steps 3. 4. and 5. into one, since they all represent different approaches to do the same thing. I'd clarify that only one of those commands needs to be run, based on what's being installed.
You don't have to remove the module if there is an existing upgrade path supported by the RPMs in the module. For instance, going from nodejs:8 to nodejs:10 should work fine only using `dnf module reset nodejs` and `dnf module install nodejs:10`. But of course that's not a general case. Maybe we should give a specific example of an "upgradable" path like nodejs:8 -> nodejs:10 to make the test always functional? And then have another with the delete for non-supported paths?
I'd suggest also trying to find a package using `dnf search` or `dnf list` to validate that the module has been successfully enabled / disabled.

--

Lukáš Růžička

FEDORA QE, RHCE

Red Hat