2019-03-11 @ 17:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting - Minutes

==================================
#fedora-meeting: Fedora QA Meeting
==================================

Meeting started by adamw at 15:01:22 UTC. The full logs are available at
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2019-03-11/fedora-qa.2019-03-11-15.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (adamw, 15:01:30)

* Previous meeting follow-up  (adamw, 15:06:24)
  * we have no action items from the previous meeting  (adamw, 15:06:53)

* Fedora 30 status  (adamw, 15:09:40)
  * we still had compose issues with Fedora 30 most of last week
    (adamw, 15:10:33)
  * indeed, we still *are* having compose issues:
    https://pagure.io/dusty/failed-composes/issue/1629 is the latest
    (adamw, 15:11:00)
  * so far as we know what's in f30 at present works OK, but the lack of
    composes is a significant impediment to testing  (adamw, 15:16:40)

* Fedora 31 Change review: Rawhide package gating  (adamw, 15:25:26)
  *
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GatingRawhideSinglePackageUpdates
    (adamw, 15:25:35)
  * AGREED: we are broadly on-board with the opt-in single package
    gating plan  (adamw, 15:32:12)

* Release criteria / test case proposal status  (adamw, 15:32:32)
  * sgallagh re-proposed the printing criteria last month, and it hasn't
    received any negative feedback  (adamw, 15:34:08)
  * AGREED: there are no objections to the printing criteria as proposed
    by sgallagh on 2019-02-11, so we will go ahead and implement those
    (adamw, 15:39:28)
  * ACTION: adamw to work with sgallagh on putting those criteria into
    practice  (adamw, 15:39:45)
  * ACTION: adamw and sgallagh to find or write test cases to back the
    printing criteria  (adamw, 15:40:35)
  * optical media proposal has yet to be revivified by mattdm  (adamw,
    15:45:43)
  * lruzicka has modularity test case change proposals out for review on
    the mailing list at present, please take a look and provide feedback
    (adamw, 15:48:50)
  * jlanda's cron proposal produced kparal's "basic server
    functionality" counter-proposal and things got stuck there, we will
    wait for one or both of them to move that along  (adamw, 15:49:27)

* Test Day / community event status  (adamw, 15:54:58)
  * there is a kernel test day scheduled for tomorrow:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2019-03-12_Kernel_5.0_Test_Day
    (adamw, 15:56:01)
  * i18n Test Day scheduled for 2019-03-19:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2019-03-19_I18N_Test_Day
    (adamw, 15:56:32)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:Fedora_IoT_Edition_2019-03-13
    (pwhalen, 15:56:51)
  * IoT Test Day scheduled for Wednesday 2019-03-13:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:Fedora_IoT_Edition_2019-03-13
    (adamw, 15:57:11)
  * ACTION: adamw to ask sumantro to make contingency plans for upcoming
    test days if composes are still not available  (adamw, 15:57:52)

* Open floor  (adamw, 15:58:15)
  * some discussion around the usefulness and intent of the basic
    graphics mode criterion, we will continue on-list or in the next
    meeting  (adamw, 16:08:46)

Meeting ended at 16:08:49 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* adamw to work with sgallagh on putting those criteria into practice
* adamw and sgallagh to find or write test cases to back the printing
  criteria
* adamw to ask sumantro to make contingency plans for upcoming test days
  if composes are still not available

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* adamw
  * adamw to work with sgallagh on putting those criteria into practice
  * adamw and sgallagh to find or write test cases to back the printing
    criteria
  * adamw to ask sumantro to make contingency plans for upcoming test
    days if composes are still not available
* sgallagh
  * adamw to work with sgallagh on putting those criteria into practice
  * adamw and sgallagh to find or write test cases to back the printing
    criteria
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)