Bootloaderspec feature

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/BootLoaderSpecByDefault

This got pushed back from Fedora 29 and has been in Rawhide for a
while (months).

I think it should be put on next week's QA meeting agenda for
discussion. It's a big change, and as I understand it applies to all
Fedora 30 editions, spins, and upgrades, for all archs except 32-bit
ARM.

One of the more direct aspects to the change is how to make permanent
boot parameter (kernel options) changes. With bls feature, it means a
one shot using 'grub2-editenv - set

Also, the feature page says it's a non-blocking change with a
contingency to revert. I'd expect a bug related to the feature just
gets fixed, and during freeze we'd grant a freeze exception if a fix
seems doable in time. But since the old way isn't being tested while
the new way is the default, are there any thoughts on how many days
before go/no-go we'd need to revert in order to have sufficient
testing of the old way?

Also, it looks like changing back to the old way is possible for both
clean installs and upgrades, but are we going to test it? Best effort?

--
Chris Murphy