Testing Rawhide (F30) 0201 drop

In response to the test announce I received today I downloaded the ISO and check sum for the Rawhide (F30 0201 drop) Workstation. The check sum result was okay; so I burned it to a DVD. I booted my test machine (Lenovo M58p with E8400 processor, 4GB ram, 160 Gb disk) to the DVD and proceeded with the install. For the disk I selected the make space available option and when that window came up I selected Delete All. Once the delete showed up on all of the partitions I selected Reclaim Space. Then I clicked the begin installation and the installation proceeded and completed normally.

When Anaconda was done I clicked the quit and when the Anaconda screen was gone I selected the "power button" in the right side menu of the top bar. Then I selected Restart from the pop up at the center of the screen. After the shutdown sequence was complete, but before the actual restart, I removed the DVD from the DVD drive so the PC would start from the hard drive.

The following is my standard setup to get ready to do testing:

I only was a Root pass word on my test machine so when Gnome ask for a uname and pw I provided a standard pair I use on the test machine. After dismissing the get started and help windows, I opened a terminal window and in the preferences I set the font to 22 and the background to black on light yellow. I have been using the following procedure since Anaconda and Gnome changes forced me to use this method. These have worked well so far. I used the following command sequence:

	sudo passwd -d uname

provided password (successful result)

	sudo passwd

provided same standard pw as initially given to Gnome and verified (successful result)

I closed the terminal window and opened Settings from the right side menu in the top bar. In Power I set the time out to Never, and I set the button to power down. in Devices I set the screen resolution to 1440 X 1080. Then I clicked Details with the intention of setting the login for the user to automatic, but when I clicked Details, Settings crashed. There is a bug report on this, but I can't give you the number now because Bugzilla is down for maintenance.

I did a restart and the restart proceeded normally. When the uname appeared I expected that an Enter would let me in and open Gnome. That was always the case when I encountered the same Setting failure in prior drops of F30, but it did not work this time. I tried using the pw, but that was not accepted either. I tried a power off reboot, but that made no difference.

I will be happy to try other things, but I have to leave in a couple of hours and will not be able to get back to this until later tonight best case or sometime tomorrow.

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat	(tablepc)