Re: Fedora infrastructure

On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 17:02 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Then I read some about Tickets. From what I read, Tickets are the
> > vehicle used for report infrastructure bugs, problems or suggestions
> > for enhancement. From the e'mails I have seen on this list they also
> > seem to be used by teams to act as reminders for team members to do
> > things. To write or edit a Ticket Pagure seems to be used. I browsed
> > the projects in Pagure and you really need to know exactly which
> > project to use before you go there. If I have this wrong or
> > incomplete please point me to where I should read more.
>
> Yes, this is right too. Sorry -- it's a big project and so it's hard to
> avoid there being lots of different parts.

It's worth noting that, just like 'pull request', 'issue' or 'ticket'
is a generic concept you will encounter in many different systems. Both
Pagure and Github (and Gitlab and many others) have an 'issue' concept
that works similarly. The logic is not "I need to file an issue so I
must go to Pagure", but "I need to file an issue against project (FOO)
so I must go to the tracker project (FOO) uses, whatever that is".
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey