Re: [fedora-qa] Issue #569: Proposal to redefine core applications.

This is what my proposal is really about, Kamil. It seems to me that
currently we do not file many bugs for non-blocking environments, we just
let them go with the flow. Why? Because there isn't any required test case
to test for them. Sure, we do not have time and resources to do it
thoroughly, but we could at least test for "core applications" in those
environments. How does the community know what applications we do test and
we would like them to test? We will come up with a list, we revise it,
perhaps get five applications (perhaps ten, I don't know) and we tell them. *We
will make criteria for it*. So at least the minimum functionality will be
tested and bugs filed.

Thank you. I have been following this discussion and as a new kid in QA I have learned that this issue that I originally thought was straight forward is very complex.

I think for just the Workstation testing I do myself I will continue with my "over testing" approach where I "try out" all of the graphical app's that anaconda installs. and file bugs (not nominated) for issues I fine.

I also see the point that the non-Gnome spins could benefit from some more testing and will start doing testing with one or two of them. Any suggestions on which spins could benefit most from some attention?

	Have a Great Day!

	Pat (tablepc)