Self Introduction: Paul Borchardt

Hi,

I am very interested in helping where I can.  My interests are mainly in programming and debugging but I'm not so bad at testing either.

My experience with Fedora is limited I must admit but my background it pretty extensive in the unix world.  I learned the C language in 1986.  I began my programming career in the aircraft repair industry.  I created numerous database applications as well as many system utilities to facilitate data transfer to the database from different devices.  I have been out of the field for quite sometime and use linux to help me re-aquait myself with the commands and how the system works.  I've been a real distro hopper but I'd like to settle down and do something useful again.  I have very strong abilities in toubleshooting but I'm not sure you have a place for that in this area.  I have installed Fedora both in a virtual box and also on one of my drives.  I'm in it now as a matter of fact.  I also have Windows 10 and Linux Mint 19 installed.  I have 3 drives.  Two are SSD's which have windows and mint and a third mechanical drive which I now have Fedora.  The desktop I'm most used to thanks to Mint is Cinnamon but I am able to use KDE and xfce as well as MATE.  Unfortunately I don't like GNOME for a desktop and won't use it.  If all is stable with this install I will replace LM with Fedora as my main Linux OS and will have this drive for testing or whatever is needed.

As to IRC, I've never really used it and don't have a name yet but am certainly willing to figure it out.  I used ICQ for years but haven't in years also.  Didn't even know if it's still around.

Thanks for hopefully letting me use some of my skills to help make Fedora better.
Paul Borchardt